Save with Modular Constructed Urgent Care Centers
It is no secret that urgent care centers are rapidly popping up across the nation. Many believe that these medical care facilities are going to be an increasingly critical component to the underlying structure of our nation’s healthcare system. There are many reasons why ambulatory care facilities are effectively filling the void between primary care physicians and hospital emergency departments.
- Extended hours
- No appointment required visits; walk-in convenience
- Improved access to comprehensive medical care in all geographic areas
- Less expensive than a visit to the emergency room for non-emergency care
- Alleviate overcrowding of emergency departments with non-emergency medical needs
- Short wait time
While med stop centers may fit well into the structure of our nation’s healthcare system, starting a successful healthcare facility is not simple. Many of the primary challenges are related to poor management or customer service, but the struggle to stay cash flow positive is one of the major reasons urgent care facilities may fail. Cash requirements for investment in facilities and equipment can be very high, while reimbursement for services can be very slow and rates for services rendered can be low. Furthermore, urgent medical care facilities gain clientele mainly through referrals, which takes time to build into a sufficient number of patient visits in order to sustain the healthcare facility.
Cash flow does not have to be the challenge it has been for ambulatory care centers. State of the art, high quality urgent care facilities can easily be constructed through modular building construction techniques with several notable benefits:
- Lease-to-own options
- Affordable monthly payments
- Build equity with each payment
- Free up cash for other uses
- Up to a 30% reduction in time to occupancy
- Less construction waste
- Design/Build options
Affordable Lease-to-own Options
Open your ambulatory care building now and pay for it over time. A modular building finance lease (lease-to-own) allows you the freedom to select from a menu of term lengths that will provide your urgent care facility with the affordable monthly payment you need and free up cash to fund important programs focused on enhancing patient care.
Up To A 30% Reduction In Time To Occupancy
Ambulatory care facilities and modular buildings have one critical thing in common: reduced wait times. Using modular buildings in constructing a non-emergency medical care facility means you will be able to deliver quality healthcare to your local community sooner and can begin to generate revenue earlier.
You may be thinking…how does modular construction make it possible to open my urgent care center up to 30% quicker?
- Simultaneous off-site modular building construction and on-site preparation
- Reduced supply delays
- Enclosed modular building manufacturing virtually eliminates weather impacts on the production schedule
- Unrestricted work hours at production facilities (ordinances or site access restrictions often limit acceptable site construction hours)
- For multi-story buildings, the production schedule of each floor (story) may be independent of the rest. With conventional construction obviously the first floor must be in place to start on the second floor, and so on.
Accelerated occupancy translated to savings:
- Reduced project management expenses
- Fewer billable man hours
- Medical care facility opening can occur sooner enabling earlier revenue generation
- Significantly reduced risk of weather delays which cost time and money
- Less site disturbance that can significantly hold down site restoration expenses
- Reduced overall safety risks
- Security for protection of site stored materials can be significantly reduced or eliminated altogether
Less Construction Waste
Permanent modular buildings are manufactured in a plant environment using proven assembly line processes which promote precision in material usage and handling. Throughout production excess materials are reclaimed and recycled by manufacturing plants. Materials are stored inside shielding them from weather elements and protecting them from deterioration which often results in unnecessary waste.
Design / Build Options
Individual physicians, hospitals, and regional health systems would rather treat patients, develop relationships, and contribute to a healthier community than design a building, chase down permits, and oversee the construction process. Permanent modular building design/build options bring a customized and comprehensive approach to each individual prefabricated urgent care center to ensure 100% satisfaction for physicians, regional health systems, and visiting patients. Design/build means one team handles your entire modular ambulatory care building construction project giving you all the benefits and expert access but alleviating you of the day to day project responsibility.
- Design and engineering
- Building installation
- Site restoration and landscaping
There is no need to feel like a ping pong ball between an architect, engineer, and a general contractor; design/build modular construction means there is only one contract to sign and one entity to work with through the entire project. A high level of focused collaboration and transparency are major benefits to design/build construction made possible through the clear cut and unfettered access to one point of contact.
Urgent care centers are facing growing demand and modular building construction can provide affordable facilities quickly to help physicians and regional health systems alleviate the national challenge in accessing care on an urgent basis.
If you are a physician, hospital, or regional health system looking to open a permanent or temporary modular ambulatory care facility, check out some of the sample floor plans or request a quote to let us know what you are considering and give us the opportunity to assist you in developing your new medical care building project.
Ready to solve your space needs?
Modular buildings are the way to go. Request a quote or contact us today to get the conversation started. We’d love to talk to you about how modular can meet — and exceed — your needs.